[Amps] 99 v. titan 3

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 26 13:18:44 EDT 2004

if we are limited to just these two, i'd go with the 99.
I think the titan 3 is overpriced for what you get.  I believe (this is a
hunch so don't hold me to it) the time limits stated in the specs for the T3
indicate limitations resulting from lower cooling, perhaps to make a quiet
amp, and power supply limitations.

Now, if I can go beyond these two, I'd recommend the Command 2500.  I think
it has the cleanest output of the commercially made ham amps that I know of.
  yeah, i know, the tubes are expensive.  but if you run the amp properly,
they will probably out live you.

rob/k5uj