[Amps] Urgent help needed, pse. My 91b is scared of contests.

Robert Thain g0hgw at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 05:54:54 EDT 2004

Hi,
This is the third contest that my 91b has failed even
before the start.  Its works ok at other times.

I installed my 91b at the contest site, (where it has
worked before). But it goes to 'Fault' straight away.

My patch leads and dummy load are tested and fine. I
do not believe there is RF getting in.

Tuning in to a dummy load with 9.5W in nothing happens
then at 10w it goes straight to fault and locks out.
In an instant the TUNE indicator shoot hard over the
the right just before defaulting to Fault.

I do not know if its my imagination but i get an idea
of a smell of O-zone (arcing) from the 'band select
switch'/'tune up' area. But this might be just my
imagination playing tricks.

Please help

Thanks
Robert