[Amps] Tetrodes working as triodes

Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF oz1pif at privat.dk
Fri Oct 29 17:26:11 EDT 2004

Guillermo, if you need the added gain the answer is yes, otherwise no...

My QB4/1100 in GG, with both grids tied to ground, and 2900V on the plate,
gives 700W out for 100W in, which is some 7dB of gain, and just right for my
usage (read power supply capacity). Two ways to increase gain: either raise
plate voltage (in my case 3800V ups the gain to 10dB) or - raise the screen,
some 80-100V will do the same trick.

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF, Peter

email: oz1pif(no-spam-filler)@privat.dk
http://home24.inet.tele.dk/oz1pif/