[Amps] Standby tubes (was: Even more power solid-state amp's)

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Sat Apr 2 15:21:26 EST 2005

Ahhh, I thought WLW made the brag they always had the biggest. The amp was made by Westinghouse for RCA if I recall. I think RCA had the patents but contracted the actual building to Westinghouse. I didn't think Continental ever made one that large. I'll say this 500 KW is a bunch of power! One thing for others reading, the 500 KW PA took a 50 KW driver.......

Best,

Will