[Amps] Low Pass Filters

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Mon Apr 4 09:23:40 EDT 2005

On low pass filters, what would be a good suggested Q for the design? Opinions vary somewhat so what is the folks heres suggestions? The reason being, since the talk of solid state came up, I'm tinkering with the idea of making a small push pull just to experiment with using a couple of 2SC2879's. I want to see how clean I can make one. I want to try several bias designs and maybe several filters, etc. One idea was to build it with a switchable operating class of AB for SSB and C for AM, CW work. In other words, just kill off the bias for CW and add it for SSB. I have an old heatsink with board assembly here to test with so it made me want to do it. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Will