[Amps] [BULK] - Re: a common topic here tspa

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Tue Apr 5 14:04:57 EDT 2005

> ::I'd agree with that.  I've built many VHF and UHF power tube
> amplifiers
> and have had nary a problem with any of them.  But they're each
> single-band
> designs, which makes life a lot less complicated. -WB2WIK/6

True, Steve, but VHF amplifiers do not have anode parasitic resonances
where the tube exhibits high-amplification.

::Yep.  I expect my UHF amps to have lots of gain right where they're tuned
to, and nowhere else.  A pair of 8930s on 432 MHz can develop about 27 dB
power gain, and it's all actually on the right frequency!  -Steve WB2WIK/6