[Amps] Dentron ML2500 on 50MHz

Adrian Rees (M1LCR) rees.a at btconnect.com
Tue Apr 5 17:42:01 EDT 2005

Hi Jerry
Well yes we are limited to 400 Watts.

I have two 2500's, one is the MLA2500, the other the BA Model (no 28MHz).
Apparently Jim Worsham, W4KXY has converted one to run on 50 MHz and
presented his solution to the Southeastern VHF Convention (USA) in 1998.
ARRL had published the papers from the conference, but these are now out of
print. Hence the Question.

As to 8875's, yes they are rare these days, but I have a few spares. (I
bought both of my 2500's from another amateur, who it transpires had
something to do with the importation into the UK of the amps. As a
consequence, I bought all the spare bottles and transformers / capacitors he
had. So I'm hoping that the amps will see me out. As they say.

Any help appreciated !

Adrian Rees M1LCR