[Amps] more info on distributors

R.Measures r at somis.org
Wed Apr 13 14:22:51 EDT 2005

On Apr 13, 2005, at 9:28 AM, John T. M. Lyles wrote:

> It always amazes me how unprofessional some folks are on email, with
> direct attacks and libelous statements. While I certainly understand
> the dislike for monopolistic practices, and big companies which move
> in an run off the small firms (can you say Walmart?) the firm in
> question below (Richardson Electronics) is one of the few companies
> in the US with the guts and money to buy up the remaining failing
> tube companies which would otherwise be totally obsolete. (for
> example, Amperex, some Philips parts, GE/National ignitrons, and a
> bunch of solid state RF designs). We depend on them to keep supplying
> these parts, for older sytems. Also, as a major distributor of
> capacitors such as the German Draloric brand, big R has them in stock
> in some cases. Most companies cannot afford to keep the inventory
> that R does. If you can't use their services, then don't bother
> attacking them.

** I'm not planning on buying a Ford vehicle, but that does not stop me
from talking about their history of incineration problems.

> The Eimac-Varian case was at many years ago, past history.

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. “
- - -  George Santayana, The Life of Reason, Volume 1, 1905

A brief review:  Eddie bought out All of the independent Eimac
distributors and signed a sweetheart contract with Varian-Eimac giving
him the exclusive right to sell Varian-Eimac tubes.  Enter the DOJ.

> The second
> posting below makes no sense at all.

Eddie's secretaries look like they could land a modeling job with
Victoria's Secret.

cheers, John