[Amps] Fwd:Re: More Rumors

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Fri Apr 22 11:16:25 EDT 2005

> How many devices and or push pull pairs did they use for the
> power involved?

I'd be interested in that info, too.

> I do know using FET's you can get by with one push-pull circuit
> and paralell FET's on both sides. This is a big advantage over
> using transistors and having multiple push-pull circuits with
> splitters and combiners.

It looks like Advanced Power Technology has some 300 volt VDMOS
FETs that do 750 watts in modes A-E (ARF1505).  A push-pull
pair of them would be very close to legal limit (US) from one
module.  Two of those modules could be run at 75% ratings with
splitter/combiner or in push-pull to generate a conservatively
rated legal limit device.  Of course with 17 dB gain, an ARF1505
amplifier would require a drive stage (or the 400 watt FT-9000
<G>).

Anyone know what the devices cost?

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK