[Amps] Shorting Sticks

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Sun Apr 24 16:20:37 EDT 2005

John,

Your saying that a dead-short, quick discharge of a capacitor bank wont be rough on the capacitors?

I think everyone knows it to discharge them for safety, but why take a chace on the capacitors being damaged on top of it? I can wait 2-3 seconds before I do any work, and that's about all it takes. Henry spoke of that Gates supply, and I'll about bet they woundn't take a chance on those capacitors shorting them to ground, and that being they do use a resistor bank for the purpose. Especially over the cost of the capacitors. I think one can still be safe and not cost them extra in parts.

Best,

Will