[Amps] Resistors

G3rzp@aol.com G3rzp at aol.com
Tue Apr 26 12:52:10 EDT 2005

In a message dated 26/04/2005 17:27:45 GMT Standard Time, sm0aom at telia.com
writes:

I  certainly can vouch myself for the longevity of the "Oilite"  bearings.

The biggest problem is getting them in small quantities. Proops, in the UK,
normally have trays full of various sizes of them for pennies each at model
engineering exhibitions: the problem is whether to buy a handful of various
sizes on the basis that you might need them one day (and that does happen - I've
 gotten things on that basis and used them 30 years later!), or find you'll
have  to wait 6 months when you need them. Some people claim that they need
impregnating under pressure, but I don't know how true that is. I've seen ones
that seemingly absorbed oil almost as if they were a pile of sand! - and then
suddenly, they're saturated.

A lot of the noise performance will depend on the clearances in the bearing
- so will the longevity, too, since too large a gap will lead to rupture of
the  oil film.

73

Peter G3RZP