[Amps] Hot Chasis Problem

aborg a_borg at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 07:34:26 EDT 2005

Fellow Techs,

    I am currently testing another 4800VAC transformer
that is presenting a hot chasis problem. I have not
isolated the transformer from chasis as of yet to test
.

It is only connected to a rectifier board 10KV PIV. It
measures 2KV from B- minus (hi-volt probe ground clip
connected to B- rectifier board) to case (chasis
ground) (hi-volt probe tip to case). Ground
connections are check and confirmed from breaker panel
through ac cable to the chasis. I would appreciate all
troubleshooting tips.
1st Priority = STAYING ALIVE

Thanks
73's