[Amps] locating input circuits in a TL922

Oliver Bock dj9ao at gmx.net
Thu Aug 4 06:33:03 EDT 2005

Due to high SWR between the exciter and the amplifier input, I
decided to check out the input circuits of our TL922. According to
the Service Manual it is possible to adjust the input tuning coils for
each band (L9-L14).
I removed the top cover and the cover of the RF-section of the amp
and found 6 identical looking screws beneath the two variable
capacitors. I assume that these are the adjustable coils. I can't
move them with a screwdriver though (I know that an insulated tool
to adjust them is the better choice when looking for a minimal
SWR during transmit; I tried to readjust them a bit while the amp
was switched off, just to test if these are indeed the coils, but they
did not move at all).
So, I'd like to know if i have found the input coils (if so they are
maybe in need of a bit of WD40 to get them moving) or do I have to
look elsewhere in the amp for them?

Thanks for any help and comments,

Oliver DJ9AO