[Amps] Metric system

Harold B. Mandel ka1xo at juno.com
Thu Aug 4 12:55:04 EDT 2005

Dear George,

With all the cellular BTS's now on the E-911 system
with GPS antennae all fixed and pouring data into the
network, the global picture resembles a ball of Jello,
albeit on a small scale as seen from geosynchronous
orbit, but Jello nonetheless.

It would be cool for the commo guys if the earth were like a
huge billiard ball, but the GPS system demonstrates how
everything is always changing with respect to contour.

Even GPS readings from fixed points, attachments to buildings
and towers, show different readings all the time and it's not from
the satellite accumulated time delay error, it's from the
plasticity of the earth.

So, George, in answer to your question, all I can
say is that it's about that far, and if you leave from
Maine you won't be able to get there from here.

Hal
W4HBM