[Amps] B&K Equipment

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 5 10:59:59 EDT 2005

I just got off the phone with the new owners of the old line of B&K Test Equipment, BK Manuals. If everything works, I will be the only satallite repair depot for it. This will include repairs and warranty. B&K Precision now does not have any repair centers like they did, and any repairs go to BK Manuals. BK Manuals are going to start building the old lines of test equipment again, the ones in the tan and black cases. They have already fired up and the new B&K 747 tube testers are out. I asked what they were doing for tube sockets, and come to find out, they are making their own. There's several other pieces of equipment besides the 747 that will be hitting the market in the very near future. I am a big fan of B&K and used it over the years, plus still own a bunch of it. Anyhow, They want to concentrate on manufacturing, and just happened to need my service. So by Monday, I'll know the rest of the details and finalize everything. I guess I could say that everything went better than I expected it would. The best thing is they will help me get set up with parts and manuals. The warranty work, will be set up, but I'm not for sure on a date when it will start.

If any have comments on what they would like to see manufactured, let me know and I'll pass it along. One thing we talked about was a test center for amateur transceivers covering 80 through 10 meters. What I heard was that it's already in the works. They will also be offering new chassis and cabinets designed around the old B&K equipment for sale. A representative in Cleveland supposed to be getting in touch with me about those. That did take care of my problem with needing the anode connector for my 707 too, Hi Hi, with a better outcome than just it : ) All I can say is that did make my day for a change.

Best,

Will