[Amps] Wrong Business

Vic Rosenthal vic at rakefet.com
Fri Aug 5 11:29:10 EDT 2005

kenw2dtc wrote:
> Will,
>
> Don't build a cheap amp, build this one:
>
> http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/audiopax_stereo_88.htm

I'm going to quote just one bit from this website.  I could have chosen
almost any part of it, but the absurdity of this one struck me:

"The amp’s rubber feet might be OK on hard surfaces, but they allowed
the amp to wobble on my carpeted floor. So I placed the Stereo Eighty
Eight on an amp stand that was spiked through the carpet to the concrete
slab underneath. Massive Mapleshade brass cones under the amp solidly
coupled it to the stand. With this rigid mounting arrangement in place,
the bass became tighter and better defined. I thought dynamics improved
a smidgen, too."

Who ARE these people?  How could they be dumb enough to spend insane
amounts of money on this junk but yet smart enough to have earned it in
the first place?  (I know, 'earned' probably doesn't apply!)

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco