[Amps] Metric system

Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF] oz1pif at privat.dk
Fri Aug 5 13:59:26 EDT 2005

Just to stir the pot one more time...
Didn't the US officially adopt the metric system by Congress resolution
sometime in the 1980's?
I distinctly remember the CA highway signs sporting Miles and Kms when I
lived in San Jose in the late eighties, local radio and TV stations also
gave temperatures in both Fahrenheit and Celcius. Visiting CA 10 years later
on business trips, there no Metric signs anywhere to be seen!
Apparently this is one example of inertia winning out over plain common
sense - and law!

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF, Peter

email: oz1pif(no-spam-filler)@privat.dk
http://home24.inet.tele.dk/oz1pif/