[Amps] Fraudulent email to amps posters

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Sat Aug 6 21:40:53 EDT 2005

I have an address which I only used for a few tests, never to a list and
ven it gets spam, so changing your address may not do a lot of good,
except temporarily.  Today I received some spam addressed to
"mailer-daemon at n7xy.net", which is sort of funny in a way (Dear
Mailer-Daemon,....).

Bob, N7XY

On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 05:59:55PM -0400, Tony King - W4ZT wrote:
> Anyone else receiving email with fraudulent attempts to gain access to
> your Ebay and PayPal accounts being sent to the address you use to post
> to this list?
>
> It would seem reasonable to expect the list mirror to hide poster's
> email addresses but it isn't done.
>
> Be sure to NEVER respond to those attempts to fraudulently gain access
> to your Ebay and PayPal accounts.
>
> I'll be blocking all email to this address and resubscribing with a new one.
>
> 73, Tony W4ZT

Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          n7xy (at) n7xy.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.n7xy.net