[Amps] RF Parts OEM 3-500ZG's

Gudguyham@aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Mon Aug 8 11:42:33 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/8/2005 9:02:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cherokeehillfarm at earthlink.net writes:

All of  these tubes have worked flawlessly.  I think it is a good idea to
purchase the matched tubes, because I believe the matching, although not
done dynamically under load, means that RF Parts themselves have checked  the
tubes before shipment.  Just one more chance to catch a defective  unit
before it gets to you is worth  something.

Mike, I too have used RF Parts and Taylor tubes in my 6 meter SB-220
conversions, they tend to be stable and make as much power as any Eimac tube I  have
tried in the same amp.   When they match them it seems as though  (by the
marking numbers) that the tube is put in a jig, and the resting plate  current is
read on an accurate meter, then marked with the current it draws at  idle,
tubes with the same numbers are "matched".  I may be wrong on this,  but it seems
that this may be the way they do it.  73 louie  W1QJ