[Amps] AL-1500

Hervé BIRAUD f5hry at wanadoo.fr
Sun Aug 14 03:45:31 EDT 2005

Hello Stan,

If you can "monitor" the following problem (i.e. the needles of both
meters showing the same values and moving exactly the same way),
it is just a matter of grid current readout (the tube is fine).

Replace the 1N4007 (300-0266) in the filter board (check it out before
to be sure it's dead !), and your AL-1500 will work fine again ! It's
very usual that this diode burns when a flashover occurs in an AL1500.

Hope that helps.

Vy 73
Herve F5HRY

www.win-test.com