[Amps] Mobile amp

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 14 06:35:26 EDT 2005

I ran across this on ebay for any who might want to convert an 11 meter mobile over to an amateur amp. I don't know who's building these as this brand is a new one on me but by the looks of the inside, it's made pretty good. It doesn't say what the transistors are but most likely 2SC2879's. A larger cabinet would be needed if installing a filter board. I can't tell what class this amp is but may be class C. That can be converted easy by adding a bias circuit for each set of transistors. At least this one uses an etched board with heavy traces. The splitter and combiners cores are the correct size too. For any interested, below is the link;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Trucker-450v-Linear-Amp-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ5798809242QQcategoryZ48700QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Best,

Will