[Amps] caps

carl seyersdahl carlseye at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Aug 14 15:41:06 EDT 2005

 You are right , David,  I should have given some measurements.
   The cap is about 1 1/4 long by about 1 1/4 wide. it is round , with metal
, screw type studs on both sides, but I would think that that could be only
a minor problem, as possibly a cap with leads might be useable , IF the
current carrying capacity is high enough.!! (also the voltage rating , 3 kv
or more.)
    Thre semms to be a little extra room so a slightly larger cap could
  be used, maybe another 1/2 in in both directions.
   Anyone have anything that might be useable ??
   I had looked at RF PARTS but they want a minimum order of 25.00 so that's
out. !!
   some of the other suppliers I looked at don't have anything useable
   or don't specify current capacity.!!
       carl / kz5ca