[Amps] Ribbon Beam Amplifiers

jeff millar wa1hco at adelphia.net
Mon Aug 15 08:19:48 EDT 2005

I met with Chiping about a year ago to discuss this technology...It's
still very early in the game.
The key requirements for application to cellular networks include

    * Greater than 13 dB peak to average ratio (100W avg, 2 KW peak output)
    * Intermod distortion products more than 60 dB down

If memory serves, the tubes and their RF cavity form an integral unit.

jeff, wa1hco