[Amps] caps SB200

Neal Sacon neal at sacon.net
Sat Aug 20 03:06:06 EDT 2005

While we're on the subject, sort of ...

I've got a PV at idle of about 2100 and it drops to 1600 or 1700 under load.
I understand it s/b abt 2500. It's the original xformer, but the caps were
replaced by a prior owner with I'm not sure what, and if the xformer is ok
(why wouldn't it be?) then is it possible that the exisiting caps are a bad
replacement and a better replacement would get PV to where it should be ?
What else could be sucking PV down?

Note also that I don't think it's the metering resistors - output calibrates
well on an outboard wattmeter.

73 Neal N7RX