[Amps] Caps for Alpha

Dennis Sokol dajs at accnorwalk.com
Sun Aug 21 22:53:17 EDT 2005

Ameritron has increased its capacitor size from 210uf to 270uf in the AL-1200 and AL-1500 amps. A Alpha tech at Dayton last year told me they were thinking about increasing the size of the filter cap for their amps but I don't know if they have done it.

I replaced the eight, 240 uf units in my BTI with eight, 470uf 105 degree Nichicon's and it works great. That's what I had in my junk box.
Personally, I feel 320uf units are about optimum which would give you an equivalent capacity of 40uf.

73, Dennis W0JX