[Amps] plate choke

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Fri Aug 26 21:22:05 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Clements" <philc at texascellnet.com>

>> I have an Ameritron single layer plate choke in my old 811A
>> homebrew amp. Maybe I will pull it out and try making some
>> measurements on it.
>
> The measurements will only be valid if you make them with the choke in
> place
> in the amp.
>
> (((73)))
> Phil, K5PC

I just wanted to see if there was a parallel resonance
at work in the working operating range (as opposed to
a nearly pure inductance). Presumeably any parallel
resonance will be there regardless of whether or not
the choke is in the final operating configuration, but
perhaps shifted a bit in frequency. Now that you mention
it, however, it is probably just as easy to measure it
installed in the amp.