[Amps] 4000PIV rectifier CR104

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 29 14:05:33 EDT 2005

Angelo,

Some HV diodes cant be measured using a low voltage (1.5 volt) ohm meter because of the voltage drop across the diode. The old damper diodes in TV sets were this way. Anyhow, I used to use a 12 volt PSU and measure between the hot diode and ground for 12 Vdc one direction and nothing the other direction when reversing the diode. You'll probably get about 9-10 volts for the reading due to the drop but should read zero in the opposite direction. A 9 volt battery would also work but deduct about 2.5-3 volts for the reading.

Best,

Will