[Amps] Palstar DL5K 5KW load

PA3DUV pa3duv at planet.nl
Wed Aug 31 16:40:10 EDT 2005

Harold,

Further to your posting concerning the 5 kW dummyload from Palstar I have
checked the VSWR on 80 and 20 meters and could not find anything unusual. I
measured under the following conditions:

Input 1500 w carrier
Frequency 3600 kHz
VSWR 1 : 1.2

Input 1500 watt carrier
Frequency 14200 kHz
VSWR 1 : 1.1

SWR meter: Diamond SX-100, specified accuracy +- 5-10%

Cheers, Dick
PA3DUV