[Amps] Designing the Cleanest Linear with RF Negative Feedback

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Fri Dec 16 16:59:42 EST 2005

Hi Tom,

You do have a spectrum analyzer in your shack! Your receiver.
Modulate the transmitter with 2 tones and tune across with your cw
filter on another receiver. Note the level of one of the tones on the S
meter. Then tune to the 3rd order product and note the level difference.
Same thing a spectrum analyzer does.
If you want to get real accurate put a step attenuator in front of the
receiver so you don't depend on S meter calibration.
Now you will have a base to work from.

73
Gary  K4FMX