[Amps] Designing the Cleanest Linear with RF Negative Feedback

Karl-Arne Markström sm0aom at telia.com
Sat Dec 17 06:11:15 EST 2005

In theory, you can measure transmitter IMD at the receiver output,
but in the real world this also results in influences of the receiver in-band
IMD characteristics.

Only few HF receivers are specified for in-band IMD performance, and
those who are usually have a rating of - 50 dB or so. AGC characteristics
also have a profound influence on this performance.

This means that transmitter IMD performance better than about - 45 dB
relative to one tone begins to be masked by receiver in-band IMD.

73/

Karl-Arne
SM0AOM