[Amps] Designing the Cleanest Linear with RF Negative Feedback

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Sat Dec 17 12:01:25 EST 2005

Tom,
As a follow up to specing IM products to PEP.
Some of the same tricks are used by manufacturers when specing 3rd order
intercept points for VHF/UHF pre amps. Some will spec them with
reference to the input levels required to reach the intercept point and
some will spec them to the output level of the pre amp when the
intercept point is reached. So if the pre amp has say 15 db of gain,
then it looks like the intercept point is 15 db higher than the same amp
speced to input levels. You have to read the fine print. Sometimes they
don't even supply the fine print.

73
Gary  K4FMX