[Amps] Calibrate a panel meter?

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at ispwest.com
Thu Dec 29 10:12:42 EST 2005

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

At 06:40 AM 12/29/2005, HAROLD B MANDEL wrote:
>If you don't do this for a living then don't think that you can succeed
>as a hobbyist. I've seen so many people at work try to fudge beautiful
>panel meters and end up with a trashcan entry. And these people
>imagined they were qualified.

I'm sure that's true in many cases, but I did succeed. This meter has
a wire shunt for the main current and an 8.1 ohm resistor in series
with the movement across the shunt. I was able to parallel a 68 ohm
resistor across the 8.1 and the calibration was perfect.

They are delicate little things as you say, but with some patience
and careful work, the hobbyist can be successful.

73, Bill W6WRT