[Amps] Fw: Calibrate a panel meter?

ZL2AAA zl2aaa at paradise.net.nz
Thu Dec 29 14:53:15 EST 2005

-----
Subject: Re: [Amps] Calibrate a panel meter?

The easy way to do this is to hook up a 1.5v battery in series with about a
100ohm ww pot. connect the meter to be calibrated in series with this
combination and  a known meter or a multimeter.In other words the whole lot
in series noting polarity.With a nicrome wire or thin fuse wire shorted
across the meter to be calibrated adjust the pot for a reading on the
multimeter.Adjust the pot and the wire until both the meter to be calibrated
and the multimeter read the same.A low voltage adjustable power supply may
be used in place of the battery pot combination.Hope this makes sense.Morrie