[Amps] IC-718 and AL-811: Icom manual misleading, interface necessary according to Icom technician

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Fri Feb 4 14:01:20 EST 2005

I wonder if you got a reply from someone that dont know what they're
talking about by the sounds of it. Heck, a small 2N2222A will switch the
load there with room to spare. Surely, they dont have the switching coming
straight off an IC? I dont have a schematic of it here to look at and see
what they've done, but that just dont sound right. Also, if it has an
actual internal relay, even a small reed type at that, it sould switch
that amount. When they said "either" 16 volts or 2 amps, but not both, is
a bunch of hogwash. It just sounds to me like a ploy to get around
warranty work no matter what!

Will