[Amps] High C out

Chris rfcrazy at cox.net
Fri Feb 4 20:17:42 EST 2005

Well I added a little L between the anode and C1 to cure the minimum pf
problem I was having.  After making several coils, it worked! But now
the tune cap has more capacitance then the load cap when tuned! That's
azz backwards. I've always had less capacitance on C1 then C2. I don't
know how it's working but its working good. Another phenomenon is
happening as well. After around 15 minute work out slapping 10kw in the
corner, I notice the watts start falling to around 5kw and my audio
starts sounding like gurgling bubbles. So I back the drive down and ran
it around 2kw for 10-15 minutes, then raise the drive back up again and
the watts go right back up to 10kw? After 10 min or so the watts fall
back too around 5kw. I'm thinking its heat related and possibly a weak
tube?

Chris