[Amps] 10 DB increase

Radioal al.dolgosh at hamradio.org
Sat Feb 5 07:21:31 EST 2005

The original subject was "why does a 10 dB increase in power seem to be
greater when measured by a receiver S-meter".

An answer was given indicating that propagation conditions, antennas, etc
all have an effect on this measurement.  This is *exactly* not the case!

I was only disagreeing with THAT premise - not wanting to prompt a
philosophical discussion or continue some wrong thinking.  That's *exactly*
where this was heading.

Al - K8EUR