[Amps] AL-811 AMP.

Ray w8cnl at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 6 14:46:55 EST 2005

AL-811 AMP.
Three 572b's
AC on,  Opr off.
Tubes light up
HV shows about 1800 volts
Ip shows no grid current
Opr to XMIT
Nothing, no red xmit light, no standby grid current,can not key amp.
I don't believe the antenna change over relays are operating.
Turn off at night, was working great. Next morning nothing.

Nice little amp when it works. Sucks when it doesn't.
Any ideas ?? What breaks by turning it off ( or on).
Any mods for this thing? Meter lights last about 4 or 5 months.
My 751A keys it perfect. First thing it did was burn relay contacts in my 761.

Raymond H. McClure - W8CNL
5 McKenzie Circle
North Augusta, S.C.
29841-4319

Meddle not in the Affairs of Dragons, for Thou Art Crunchy and Taste Good with Catsup or BBQ Sauce