[Amps] Quick 220 outlet?

Joe Isabella n3ji at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 20:37:33 EST 2005

Also, some hotels have the large window unit AC/heat combos with a plug going to 234V mains.  If you don't need AC, you might be able to replace one heater with another.  ;-)

Joe, N3JI

K7RDX <k7rdx at earthlink.net> wrote:
Hey Hal, did you wire the 220 plug with or without turning off the main
breaker, or did you make an adaptor to power your RF device? Did the hotel
brass know what you were doing? When I was a kid growing up one of my uncles
was a electrician who didn`t use a test lamp...He just pulled the bare wires
thru his fingers fast to see if they were hot...Said he could tell 110 from
220 too...Didn`t hurt much as he`s a ripe old 87 now.Jim.