[Amps] Silly Inductor Question

Vic Rosenthal vic at rakefet.com
Wed Feb 9 11:15:55 EST 2005

Angel Vilaseca wrote:

> Now to obtain .5 mH it will take much more than just one or two turns.
> To know how many, you will need some way of measuring inductance. Add
> windings until you reach your target value.

Keep in mind that when you measure inductance of a toroid you must do it at the
operating frequency, since the characteristics of the core material vary with
frequency.  I find the MFJ and Autek antenna analyzers useful for this.  An
inductance meter that does not allow you to select the measurement frequency may
give incorrect results.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco