[Amps] Re: 10dB and propagation

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Wed Feb 9 19:45:45 EST 2005

R.Measures wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2005, at 7:53 PM, Jim Nowotarski wrote:
>
>> How about:
>> 1) the bypass path in the amp had 3dB of loss?
>

> The bypass path had the same loss on days when the free-3db was there
> and on days when it wasn't.   The only variables were propagation and
> electric-mains potential, which was +/- 2% max (0.17db) .

> Richard L. Measures, AG6K, 805.386.3734.  www.somis.org

Rich,
how about submitting the results as a paper to a peer-reviewed
scientific journal?  The IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation
would be a likely journal.

http://www.ieee.org/portal/index.jsp?pageID=corp_level1&path=pubs/transactions&file=tap2.xml&xsl=generic.xsl

Much better than QST. Someone once told me a typical circuit in QST was
"How to build a 12V 1A Power Supply using a 7812 Voltage Regulator."

I'm sure many would be interested to read this if you got it published
in a peer reviewed professional journal - not an amateur one.

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
G8WRB

Please check out http://www.g8wrb.org/