[Amps] RE: VIP

Chris Trask christrask at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 9 20:27:08 EST 2005

> VIP/Virgil I. Partch was in Collier's and True, among others.
>
> Randy K9OR

> You must be as old as me if you can remember "Vargas."  How `bout
> cartoons drawn by VIP?  Do you know who's initials those are?  And
> what magazine did they appear in?

    And the Saturday Evening Post, as I recall.  I often thought that he was
the person who drew the animated series "Clyde Crashcup".  He was the madcap
inventor with the large nose (a trademark of VIP) in the Saturday morning
cartoons which was a part of the "Alvin and the Chipmunks Show."

Chris

     ,----------------------.       High Performance Mixers and
    /    What's all this     \    Amplifiers for RF Communications
   / extinct stuff, anyhow?  /
   \  _______,--------------'           Chris Trask / N7ZWY
  _ |/                                  Principal Engineer
 oo\                                  Sonoran Radio Research
(__)\       _                             P.O. Box 25240
  \  \    .'  `.                     Tempe, Arizona 85285-5240
    \  '"        \                 IEEE Senior Member #40274515
      '-| )__| :.  \              Email: christrask at earthlink.net
        | |  | | \  '.       http://www.home.earthlink.net/~christrask

                       Graphics by Loek Frederiks