[Amps] New FET's

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Feb 10 07:29:36 EST 2005

A dozen or more years ago, I was involved in a project to fly a space
science instrument on a Soviet spacecraft (my part in the project was
diplomatic, not technical).  It used a solid-state memory unit that was
built around specially-selected garden-variety CMOS memory components whose
mass-market counterparts could, in fact, be bought at Radio Shack.  The DOD
technology people went nuts over the idea of giving the Soviets access to
US "rad-hard" components, because the CMOS apparently had some fairly
impressive inherent rad hardness .  It didn't bother them that if the Sovs
wanted something to re-engineer, they could buy them off the pegboard at
the Shack.