[Amps] Ebay 4-400A chuckle

ToddRoberts2001 at aol.com ToddRoberts2001 at aol.com
Fri Feb 11 18:36:52 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/11/2005 6:30:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
vk6apk at eon.net.au writes:
Very easy to fix Todd. No need to be scared. I've done it successfully with
no less than 4 x 4-1000A tubes which had suffered during transit. All are
now in good working order with 2 of them in use and 2 as spares.

Don't wrap the tube up. You need to be able to see what you are doing as
you are doing it.

Hold the tube in one hand and give it some light thumps on the envelope on
the opposite side to the bent plate with the heel of the other hand. You'll
find that they are quite robust and will take a substantial beating but
don't try and move it too much with each thump. Slowly does it. Remember,
it is not your wife.

You'll soon see that by judicious beating and rotating of the tube, you'll
soon have it fully restored.

Have fun,
Alek. VK6APK
Sounds great Alek , thanks for the encouragement to go ahead and give it a
try.  Your method sounds like an easy and a safe way to do it by hand. I know
those tubes are pretty rugged. Will report back on how the fix works. Thanks,
Todd WD4NGG