[Amps] Used AL1200 Input VSWR Problems

Charlie ad5th at direcway.com
Sat Feb 12 21:25:20 EST 2005

I recently purchased a used AL-80B and had similar trouble on 20M and 15M.
The input vswr was high (over 4 to 1) and would not respond to tuning the
respective input tanks.   I carted it up to Starkville,MS (70m from home)
and the technician replaced the 3-500Z and that was the trouble.  The inputs
then fell right into spec with some minor tweaking and the power out
increased as well. The tube was the trouble....

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH
www.ad5th.com
Live Blues Music