[Amps] RE: 8877 Test

Paul Marbourg zborg at comcast.net
Mon Feb 14 15:08:57 EST 2005

Hi Dennis.

Dishwashing can leave surfactants and or fragrances behind on your
components when done.  The hardness of water can also leave trace inorganic
reside on the device substrate, as well.  Washing with a straight surfactant
in deionized water, followed by a DI water rinse should work well for
leaving little residue.  Does Formula 409 leave any residue behind?  I don't
know.  All I know is that the technicians at Jennings recommend use of this
product for cleaning their capacitors prior to high voltage use.

Cheers, Paul WN7T

  _____