[Amps] CB Amps...Trash or Treasure?

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Mon Feb 14 16:00:19 EST 2005

Ed Delaney made the D&A line and was a friend of mine. Matter of fact, he
got me interested in going into business when I was about 17-18 years old
(1982-1983). He died just shortly thereafter. I contemplated buying out
D&A but his widow wanted too much at the time for a young buck like I was.
It ended up being bought out by two different surplus electronics houses.
Eds picture used to be in some ads for home learning electronics courses
back in the 60's and 70's if I remember right. I think the school was out
of Nebraska where he was at. Yes, they would work on the ham bands but
were really aimed at the CB market. Some of the stuff that had to be
designed to get around the law was making them CW transmitters with a plug
in crystal, LOL :) The small ones like the Bandit was made only as an
amplifier. That's my little piece to the history contribution.

Best,

Will