[Amps] YC-156

Norman Hockler norsan at bright.net
Mon Feb 14 19:31:25 EST 2005

Charlie,

I do not know the history of the YC-130 but the YC-156 ( 3CPX5000A7) is as
rugged a tube as you can find.
This tube ( a high mu triode) was designed by Eimac for the medical
business as the output Tube for MRI machines.
I can guarantee it would take an awful lot to blow this one up.   Ask some
of the Hams that have built amps with them.

Norm  N8NH