[Amps] Ameritron ARB-704 - Photos and Schematic

Charlie ad5th at direcway.com
Mon Feb 14 20:40:46 EST 2005

ICOM support never answered my email but when I called them up they
definitely said to use a key line buffer or expect a failure. I do not know
that the ARB-704 is any better than the buffer you already have.  The ICOM
tech did mention the ARB-704 as one that he knew worked with the 746 Pro.

To answer your question I don't think your missing anything. There are
several key line buffers out there..some expressly for the Icom line and
others like "Amp Keyer" and the ARB-704 claim to work with "virtually any
rig/amp combination"

73 / DX

-ps my ARB-704 is working fine...now I need the Somalia station!!

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH
www.ad5th.com
Live Blues Music