HV Multimeter? (was Re: [Amps] 8877 Test)

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Mon Feb 14 22:33:02 EST 2005

K5GW's note about testing tubes at high voltage triggered a question I
wanted to ask here on the reflector.

Is there a Simpson multi-meter which has the capability to read HV (say,
0-6000 KV so so)?

I remember borrowing one (Simpson 260 seems to ring a bell) to test my
Henry 2K-3 after an "event".  I'm no longer in contact with the person I
borrowed it from.

If anyone knows the meter I'm talking about, I'd like to get the number and
find one to have something to test amplifier HV metering circuits.  Yes, I
suppose I could homebrew something but there are only so many hours in the
day, yada, yada, yada.

Thanks

Dave/K8CC