[Amps] Fwd: Pi-L In-circuit Adjustment Question

Phil Clements philk5pc at tyler.net
Wed Feb 23 19:50:31 EST 2005

> Replace the tube with a noninductive resistor of a value equal to the plate
> load impedance; set the tuning and loading capacitors to the values from the
> tank circuit calculations; connect my Rx meter to the output and adjust the
> tap position on the coil until the Rx meter reads 50 ohm and j0.
>
> Will this result in anything meaningful?
>
> David C. Hallam
> KC2JD

Right on David, but leave the tube in its socket. At least, put it back in place
before you make the final installation of the taps on the coil.
The larger the tube, the more the shape of the RF deck and tank circuit will
change. After you are done, disconnect the plate choke at the anode end and see
if the RX meter reading changes.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC